Thursday, May 10, 2007

Lillys got a baby "Brudder"!


Well, that was fast! Lilly stayed in 35 weeks and 4 days, Lilly's little brother Aidan Douglas stayed in 35 weeks and 5 days. I guess his watch was slow.

He was born at 4:14 am at Grand River Hospital, and weighed in at 4 lbs, 14 oz. Pretty easy to remember! He will be staying at Grand River in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) until they figure he is fine. So far, everything seems good, and just like Lilly, he's able to do all the stuff bigger baby's do - he's just smaller.


This time it wasn't nurses who delivered our new son, but it was midwives - even though care was transferred to the hospital - the OB just couldn't get there on time. It was a very busy place, all the rooms were filled up!

I'm probably rambling - I'm tired, and have only slept for a couple of hours in the last 36 hours.



We'll find out when Cary can come home soon, and Aidan as well.

Drew

4 comments:

Dael Richard said...

I am glad to here that the baby is doing well and that Cary is doing well also. I really enjoyed seeing the pictures that you have posted. I wish all of you the best. hope to hear from later.

Dorothy(Grandma) said...

Hope everyone is doing well. He is sooooooooo cute. Lilly's drawings are great. They will have a place on the fridge. She is such a picasso. Hugs and kisses a les enfants

Theresa said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful boy! I love your name choice... I hope that your stay in the NICU is very short and that everyone is home very soon. Can't wait to see you all!

JackiYo said...

I thought you were going to name the next one after me. Come on you promised in like grade 4. I remember it well. October 21st 1982. We were on the swings, probaly wearing the same suit, and I said 'where do babies come from?' and you said 'from the store' and I said 'cool. If you find one at the store can you call it Jean-Paul' and I distinctly remember you saying, 'But of course I will cause you have the best name in the universe, and you are the coolest, even cooler than MC Hammer and those guys who sing I'm Too Sexy'. That is a quote straight from you lips Mr. So I am only slightly disapointed that his name is not the same as mine. And I will remind you everyday of this in an email for the next 74 years.

Your truly
Jean-Paul 'Only Slightly Disapointed' Yovanoff